Useful Info On This page
Roger McNamee is a business tycoon and a famous investor. He’s well known as a tech tycoon, equity investor, and unparalleled businessman. But you know he’s also a vocalist who performed several rocking tracks? As you delve deeper into the article, you’ll find the exciting facts, less known truth, achievements, and net worth of this business rocker, Roger McNamee. So, without any further ado, let’s dive in.
About Roger McNamee
Roger McNamee was born on May 2, 1956, in Albany city of New York. McNamee is a well-renowned businessman, a capital investor, and a musician. He’s also recognized as a business rocker. Moreover, he established and founded several business enterprises and fortune companies.
McNamee is 1.57 meters weighing 63 kilograms. He’s also known as the ‘rockstar of the tech’ because of his multiple interests.
Early Life And Family
Roger McNamee’s parents are Daniel McNamee and Barbara McNamee. Roger’s father was a famous investment banker. At the same time, his mother was a prominent feminist. Barbara participated and supported the second-wave feminist movement of the ’60s.
McNamee completed his bachelor’s from Yale University in History. After that, he completed the Masters in Business Administration from Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College. He then happily married a musical theorist, Ann McNamee. She was also a renowned vocalist and songwriter in 1983.
His Career And Major Milestones
- He earned his MBA in 1982. Later, he became an analyst at T. Rowe Price.
- He led the Science and Technology Fund of the T. Rowe Price in 1989.
- He made Venture investments in Sybase and Electronic Arts. After that, he became the Integral Capital Partners and Kleiner Perkins co-founder.
- In 1997, he joined the Flying Other Brothers band.
- Until 2006, he performed as a vocalist in the band.
- In 1991, he became the founding member of Silver Lake Partners.
- In 2004, he was the co-founder of Elevation Partners and soon became the Elevation Partners MD.
- He also took responsibility as a member of the Wikimedia Foundation’s Advisory Board.
- He performed in Moonalice, a rock band.
- He published “Zuked: Waking Up To The Facebook Catastrophe” in 2019.
A Few Things You Didn’t Know About Roger McNamee
Though you might’ve known most of the facts about Roger McNamee, there are a few exciting things about him. So, read-on!
- Roger McNamee has no legal children.
- In the second Indo-China war, he protested against US interference. Surprisingly, he was only 12 years old at the time of this protest.
- He volunteered for Eugene Mccarthy’s presidential campaign.
- To support the Wikimedia Foundation, he arranged donations worth $1 billion.
- He and his wife founded the elephant sanctuary called Tembo Preserve in Tehama County, California.
Here’s the exciting part of the article.
Considering all the income sources, Roger’s net worth is around $100 million. The primary income source of his business is business profits and capital investments.