Invisalign treatment will give you the best results only when you avoid certain foods. Many people often forget about it and make mistakes in the treatment. Well, you should be careful regarding the foods you consume. It will be beneficial for your teeth. In this article, we have prepared a list of unsuitable foods throughout this treatment.
Invisalign is a teeth alignment treatment that helps your teeth to assemble into a proper position. It includes the use of aligners, and people have to continue with them for at least twelve to eighteen months. However, some people have experienced quick results in a few weeks. If you also want to gain them quickly, you must take care of some things. The most significant one is what food items you consume daily. The aligners won’t work if you keep eating the items you must avoid.
No other teeth alignment procedures work as well as Invisalign. The best part about the treatment is that clear braces are used. They are easily manageable, unlike metal ones. Also, they don’t change the look of your face when you wear them. Metal braces don’t look appealing. That is why people hesitate to align their teeth. Now, everything has become better and more convenient.
You might be eager to know the foods to avoid throughout the procedure. Let’s not waste any more time and get started.
What Foods Should You Not Consume With Invisalign Treatment?
Teeth straightening procedures are not as challenging as they seem. But you need to know the tips to get the best results quickly. Well, the essential thing is deciding the foods to consume and avoid. Clear braces will only work best when you keep these things in your mind. You must follow the after-care tips to make the treatment successful in a few weeks or months. Otherwise, you might have to wait a long time to get the results.
The clear braces you will wear are removable. Still, you need to be careful about what you are consuming. The following list will help you understand what foods to avoid and why.
- Sticky items: These include all those products that can easily stick to your clear braces. After that, it might be challenging for you to remove the stuck food. You should always be aware of the quantity. Examples of sticky items are caramel, chewing gum, toffee, fruit roll-ups, gummies, cotton candy, and jelly.
All these items are not even good for your health. It is another reason to avoid eating them. There are some alternatives, like ice cream, smoothies, pudding, protein shakes, and more. They are not sticky, and you can consume them without any worries.
- Chewy products: All those items that need more chewing than usual are included in this category. They are not suitable for Invisalign treatment. So, you should avoid them during the entire course. You will also experience an uncomfortable feeling on your teeth after eating them. Examples include pizza, bagels, chewy snacks, meat, skittles, nuts, licorice, chicken, popcorn, and more.
- Artificial covering foods: In this category, all the items that contain artificial colors are present—for instance, cereals, fruity ice cream bars, cupcakes, chips, snacks, etc.
- Soda drinks: You must not drink soda if you are in the middle of an Invisalign treatment. The acids in them affect the braces in many ways. The best alternative is drinking fresh fruit juice without any preservatives.
- Spicy items: All the spicy products are not safe to consume if you want better and quick results from this treatment. You should always consider eating healthy and nutritious food.
How Do Some Foods Affect The Treatment?
What Foods Are Safe To Eat With Invisalign?
Some foods are not only great for the alignment treatment but also for your overall body. You must make a properly balanced diet to be healthy and improve your body’s functioning.
- Fresh fruits: Nothing is better than eating fresh fruits. The nutritional value in them is usually higher. Also, you don’t need to think twice before eating them with your clear braces. They are entirely safe for them. You can consider fruits like apples as they are soft to bite. The best way to eat apples is by cutting them into small pieces and then eating them. This way, your teeth don’t need much work while chewing the pieces. Other fruits include bananas, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
- Fresh vegetables: Fresh vegetables work like magic on an individual who wants to be healthier. They are also suitable for those who are going through an alignment procedure. You can consume green vegetables like spinach, broccoli, and beans. They are rich in nutrition. They will help fulfill your body’s needs as well. There are various dishes that you can make by using potatoes. As they are soft to bite, they won’t create problems in your clear braces.
- Grains: The grains are best for enhancing your health. That is why people prefer adding them to their diet. You can meet your body’s daily requirements by consuming whole-wheat pasta, pancakes, and rice.
- Nuts: Even though nuts are unsuitable for Invisalign, some alternatives will help you get the most you need without affecting your treatment. The best options are peanut butter, almond butter, and other nut spreads. You can add them to any food dish and enjoy their heavenly taste without worrying about the clear braces.
How To Get The Best Results From Invisalign?
If you want to get excellent results, you have to follow these tips-
- Cleaning the aligners is the first step to success
- You should not remove them frequently. They must be on your teeth for twenty-two hours.
- Avoid all the unsuitable food items
- Flossing is essential when it comes to taking care of them.
- You should avoid eating with clear braces if you don’t want to stain them.
The Bottom Line
Now, you have understood all the foods harmful to the Invisalign treatment. This treatment needs care. So, you should consider the tips mentioned above to get fast and better results.