The lawyers behind frightful incidents like the ones that concerned George Floyd and Michael Brown have to have nerves of steel and strong patience to persevere and win. Benjamin Crump has been that beacon of hope to bring wrongful incidents to light.
Useful Info On This page
About Ben Crump
Born in 1969, Benjamin Lloyd Crump is a famous lawyer who works with civil rights and catastrophic personal injury cases like wrongful death lawsuits. He represented George Floyd, the people poisoned in the Flint water crisis, and the Johnson and Johnson talcum baby powder controversy.
He was the lawyer appointed for a lot of the cases that were in the media spotlight in 2022 and he represents his clients both in America and internationally. He’s also termed Black America’s attorney general which lends immense respect to his name.
Early Life And Family
He was born in Lumberton in North Carolina situated near Fort Bragg and had a huge family with nine siblings. He was raised by his grandma and his mother Helen Crump worked as a hotel maid. His mom’s second husband was whom he always considered as a father.
He is married to Genae Angelique Crump and has a daughter Brooklyn Zeta Crump.
His Career And Major Milestones
- He started his career in 2002 by representing the family of an African-American driver who was shot by a white state trooper. He later represented the case of a teenager who died in a detention center, beaten up by the white guards.
- He also represented Alesia Thomas’s case where she was treated with brutal violence while in custody. He also fought for Michael Brown’s case and Tamir Rice who was shot because he was holding a toy gun.
- He took up cases where African Americans were wrongfully treated or killed for minor incidents due to racial discrimination.
- One of his cases represented Zeke Upshaw who collapsed on the court and did not get timely assistance from the paramedics. In 2017, he started his own law firm, Ben Crump Law, PLLC and he was able to practice independently.
- His more major cases were the murder of Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and George Floyd. Crump made his statement clear, that the US justice system was highly discriminatory against African Americans.
- He represented so many cases in 2022 itself, and he’s even got a documentary of the investigation of the murder of Tupac Shakur.
A Few Things You Didn’t Know About Ben Crump
He started questioning the racial divide when he saw instances of it in Lumberton, where he grew up. He wanted to find out why white people had it good, and black people had it so bad.
He’s the go-to lawyer for any wrongful killing of people of mixed origins. It is because of his immense popularity and strong ethics.
His net worth is said to be around $5 million as the cases he’s represented are high profile. He’s represented a lot of cases and does it to reduce and completely eliminate wrong justice meted out due to racial discrimination.
He’s a very influential figure in the law and order circles. He’s credited with being the most hardworking lawyer in the country.